What if I want to publish?:

If you are going to publish something, you must make sure that the content is your own. This holds for texts, graphics and pictures. You need to obtain permission if you are using content made by others and make use of correct referencing.

Sharing my own publications:

During the publication of an article, it is quite common to hand over parts of your copyright to the publisher or journal in question. This is all stated in you contract and determines the extent to which you can share your publication with others. Therefore, you must pay attention to the extent of your rights should you subsequently want to upload and share your article via e-mail or platforms such as Aalborg University's Research Portal (VBN), Mendeley or Researchgate.

Open Access Publication

Aalborg University has an Open Access policy which recommends that AAU researchers publish their research Open Access, or at least publish a parallel version of their article in VBN. Read about Open Access.

Publish Open Access with a Creative Commons licence

Creative Commons cover different types of licences that you can grant Open Access publications, and the licence determines what you can do with the contents of the article. If you publish under a Creative Commons licens, you agree to as author that others can use your article to a certain extent. You can read more about Open Access and copyright at the VBN website or about the individual licences at the Creative Commons site.

This page is regularly managed and updated by the Copyright Team at Aalborg University Library. Latest update: March 2022. “Fotos:”